NPS Account Online With Aadhaar Card To Open
People can open an NPS account both offline and online as per the PFRDA circular. Individuals who wish to start an NPS accounts online can follow the steps listed below:
1. For an account with an authorized bank and individuals with demat accounts, visit the site of the bank and submit an application for an NPS account.
2. Alternately, people can visit the portal site and pick the ‘enrollment’ tab.
3. Input the Aadhaar number allotted for you, and a 1 Time Password (OTP) will be sent to a registered telephone number.
4. Enter the details as requested in the shape, for example, nomination details, contact info, and bank account number.
5. Choose a Pension Fund Manager and investment option on entering the relevant information.
6. Upload a copy of your signature as per the Aadhaar card status, on selecting the type of investment option.
7. The picture will be automatically uploaded according to the one on your Aadhaar card.
8. The other OTP will be transmitted to the mobile number for confirmation purposes after uploading both signature and photograph. Input the OTP to authorize the signature.
9. Authorise an initial contribution through banking or either credit/debit card.
10. A PRAN amount will be created, as mentioned on your Aadhaar card download after which PRAN allocation correspondence and a kit will be dispatched to the address.