Aadhar card is the personal identity of an Indian citizen. It carries an individual’s biometric hand and eyes impressions and his or her complete detail including address. There are many people who do not know that what to do in case they have lost their Enrolment No. or acknowledgement slip. In case you also have lost your enrolment slip, which was given after submitting each and every detail of yours, at the first day of enrolment. In that case don’t feel helpless as there is an online procedure according to which you can verify the status of your aadhar card. The status of your aadhar card can be checked by simply filling your name and some other details.
How to Download Aadhar Card
There is a system in which residents would be able to download a second or duplicate copy of Aadhar card with the help of their demographic data.
In case you have misplaced or lost your aadhar card enrolment id and forgot Aadhar number, by following steps you can download your aadhar card.
1. Log in to the link; www.resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
2. Select a proper option, “UID Aadhaar No. or EID Enrollment No.” either of these two has been lost.
3. Enter your complete name
4. Email id
5. Mobile No. (registered)
6. Click at “Get OTP” option
7. OTP or one time password will be sent to your email id or to your mobile phone
8. Enter that OTP no. situated at the box below, that you have just received on your email or mobile
9. Then you will find “Verify OTP”, click on that
10. After that you will get a SMS on your phone with either your Aadhaar Card No. or Enrollment No., whatever you have selected 2 steps above
From here go to another link www.eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ (this link will help you to download & print the
- Select proper option enter either your Aadhaar No. or Enrollment ID, at “I Have” option
- Enter your enrollment id or aadhaar card No., pin code, mobile No., your complete name, and security text,
- Then press enter on “Get OTP”
- From here one time password will be delivered at your email or mobile (registered)
- Put that OTP in “Enter OTP” you have just received either on you mobile or email id
- Then click on “download and Validate”
- By this time you have successfully downloaded your electronic-Aadhaar Card. Last but not least mention your pin code as password to open PDF file.
- After entering this PDF file you can take printout of your e-aadhaar card
However, it is advisable that go to your nearby Aadhar regional office to report the loss of enrolment slip. And provide them the entire documents you had submitted on earlier occasion. In case there is not regional office of Aadhar card near you, then contact the centre from where you had applied for the card from.
You can complain about the lost Aadhar card enrolment slip to the helpline centre through email and make them clear when you lost the enrolment slip. The Aadhhar card Dept. will get back to you to resolve the issue. Through net, you can easily download the toll free and email id and other information about Aadhar Card offices and centres.